Friday 12 July 2013

Possible Songs

Gotye- Making Mirrors
                       I have chosen this song because I find it very atmospheric and think a quick, but strong narrative could work perfectly. The song is quite short, which could be an advantage, but this may be a little too short.

Gotye- Giving Me A Chance  
Another beautiful Gotye song. I think a video would go very well with this, as a narrative is already fairly apparent. The length of the song is perfect.

HURTS- Illuminated

I simply adore Hurts- 'Illuminated' is one of my favorites. Like 'Making Mirrors', its very atmospheric, one could almost imagine it as film music. There is already a video, but it is a recording of a live performance. I think the lyrics can be interpreted in many ways, and could therefore make an intresting video.

Panic! At The Disco- Always


Again, I feel there is a narrative here that could be exploited with a beautiful, but simple video. I could imagine the setting being in some flowery meadow or a large farmhouse.

Panic! At The Disco- Mercenary


Interestingly, this song was written for a game and therefore has a video featuing footage from the game. I would like to see what kind of video/narrative could be created from the song lyrics alone.

The White Stripes- In The Cold Cold Night
I adore 'Meg' songs from the White Stripes. I love the simplicity of the song, and think a really interesting video could be made, based on the narrative already existing in the lyrics. I imagine the video be be dark and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment