Thursday 11 July 2013

Other Music Videos Of Interest

Other unique and interesting music videos from fantastic musicians.


A-ha: Take On Me, 1985
Not a massive fan of A-ha, but this video is fantastic. I love the concept of falling into a comic book/drawn world.



Duffy: Mercy, 2007
A very simplistic video that reflects the soul genre. The dancers bursting into flames at the end is genius


The White Stripes: Seven Nation Army, 2003
Quite trippy, but fantastic. The "traditional" White Stripes colour scheme is extremely effective in creating contrast and a surreal feel. I like the concept of one continuous shot through a kaleidoscope it makes it even more surreal and crazy. I also love that when the song begins to intensify, the lights in surrounding the triangles flash and other effects build up as well. It must have been a complete pain to edit.


The Strokes: You Only Live Once, 2006
A slightly disgusting video, I think it's oil and water. Generally, I don't want to ruin a set of clothes. Otherwise, it's an inventive inventive, expensive video.


Rob Dougan: Clubbed To Death, 1995
Famous for being used in The Matrix soundtrack, I had not been aware that a music video existed. Having seen it, I think it's brilliant. As mentioned in a previous post, I love the 50's retro era- the colours, fashion etc.


  
Foo Fighters: Learn To Fly, 1999
I don't think I have ever seen a music video set on a plane, at least not a good one.


 
R.E.M: Imitation Of Life, 2001
A perfect imitation of life- age, love, food, dancing, conflict. The video apparently took 20 seconds to shoot. It's a loop that goes forwards for 20 seconds, backwards for 20 seconds, forwards for 20 seconds, etc. with one camera, static, and then using 'pan and scan'. The colours remind one of the artificial "candy-land" like aura of Florida.


 
The Smiths: The Queen Is Dead, 1986
The eerie/criminal feeling in this video is fantastic




Imperial Teen- No Matter What You Say
I find the concept of a living art piece fascinating and very original. 


No comments:

Post a Comment