Saturday 15 March 2014

Ideas For Album Artwork/Digipak

 I decided to brainstorm via a mindmap some ideas that could possibly work as an album cover, split into two different sections: one centered around books/literature thus leaning towards a concept album, and the other being more general or 'random'. The green pen indicates the albums that I took inspiration from.

One of my ideas (top center, first arrow off 'Books') is to copy the iconic white and orange Penguin Classic cover, but to alter the title and author to album name and artist. As this was fairly quick and easy, I decided to give it a go. Below is the result.
The font is different as the original font, Gills Sans, is under copyright, forcing me to use Arial instead. Nonetheless, I think it looks convincing and would make an interesting album cover albeit very simple and easy to produce. I feel that this would be an original album cover while conforming to the indie genre- it goes against the grain of pop-culture, so few people, especially teenagers, read books anymore. I have not seen this idea for a CD cover yet, so I believe it to be original. However, one must remember that we have to produce the rest of the digipak and a website or magazine cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment